Tuesday, December 2, 2008

can it really be.....

Well, I've had a complete wake up call this week! I was talking with Tiff, when she told me to check out our high school reunion website. It will be my 20 year high school reunion this summer, and another of my friends, Troy, has put together a great website. I can't get enough of it this week. I've been checking all week as people keep getting on and updating their info. It is so fun to see where everyone is living, and checking out their pictures and blogs. It really has been tons of fun!

When I was a senior in high school I was talking to my mom about something (I can't remember what we were talking about), and she made a comment about feeling like she was still 18 years-old. I thought she was losing her mind! Well the kicker is that I'm almost (in about 3 years) as old as she was when she said that to me, and I completely understand what she was saying! I feel better, and happier, and have only added to the joys of being 18!

11 comments:

The Mann Clann said...

So, which one are you in the above picture?!?! JK! You've gotta love the '80s! I'm just a year behind you, who'd have ever thought it would come SO fast.

Photo Crazy! said...

Dido! I love the hair styles and clothes we used to wear. The scary thing is that they are coming back in style. I am right behind you! Love, Jennie

lexiedawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lexiedawn said...

woohoo aunt mary jo work it girl! is that really you on the right? looks like you were really loving the eighties...maybe just as much as uncle klint and his sunglasses and acid wash jeans.

Jean McKendrick said...

Scary, a 20 year reunion!! I am with you, I feel in my early 20's, we never really age do we?? Did you grow up in Cache Valley?

The Pecks said...

Believe it or not I still feel 18, maybe 21 now cuz I'm older. Until I look in the mirror and scream. But I'm glad I'm not back there again. And being my age isn't as bad as I thought it would be......I kinda like it.
Love,
Lori

brooke said...

I know 18 was just a short 9 years ago for me, but this post made me smile b/c I was JUST talking to my girlfriend about how when I went to Twilight I was complaining to C about all the super young kids around and he was making fun of me for my distorted vision and said that most of them that I was looking at thinking they were 12 or 13 were actually probably closer to 17/18. It blew my mind that he was probably right & it is just so strange b/c I still see myself through 18 year old eyes and so I asked my girlfriend (who said she felt the same) when she thought that, that would begins to fade. C said the only reason he knew they were older is b/c he sees the newly enlisted guys come in and even asked one last week if his mother knew he was there. Hahaha....he said they just look younger and younger every year. Strange...anyway I cannot believe your 20 is so soon...I know you and Dad were married shortly after that & it seems like I was just standing in your wedding line having my fingers crushed by everyone who came by! Time...goodness....too fast.
I will have to post some of the 80's night photos I have from when I did an 80's night with my youth group girls....it is hilarious!

Maureen said...

You can't be going to your 20th? Where does the time go, I remember my mom saying the same thing about feeling young and then looking in the mirror and relizing she wasnt young anymore. I also find myself thinking Im way younger then I am, Me and Jerry were chaperoning (sp?) a youth dance, I was knitting, Jerry was reading with his glasses on and a youth started to go in a area he wasn't suppose to be in, So I told him he couldn't go past this point, he looked at me and smiled and Jerry said "he is the YM's Pres. in another ward" and had 6 kids. At that moment I stopped knitting, told Jerry to take off his glasses, because I was feeling way to old. Then we went in the dance and did the moon walk. JK!

Arvanitas' said...

It's my 20 year reunion too this summer. I still feel young but my children are always kind to say that I'm old. I'm going to have such fun when they are only in their 30's telling them how old they are. I can't believe we all dressed like that. I remember having the biggest hair. I hope that is one era that they don't bring the fashions back from.

Melissa said...

You still gotta teach me how you did your hair like that! I love that picture you brought in. And I don't think you are old at all, even though you are a grandma!

Kizzy said...

i am so excited to see you guys have a blog! i added brooke to mine also. that is going to take some getting used to calling her that. do you have lara's email address? i would like an invite to hers and don't have her email. my address is garretts5@blogspot.com. thanks for the card! i still haven't gotten mine done yet!