Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Charly-ism


The other day I was at the drive-up window of the drug store getting a prescription with Charly and Thatcher sitting in the back seat. I was reading something and wasn't paying much attention to the radio when Charly asked me a question. The conversation went like this.
Charly: Dad is a toy Yoda from Star Wars. (I was thinking she wanted it for Christmas or something)
Me : Yes (not paying much attention to what she was talking about) it is, why?
Thatcher: No, a Toyota is a car
Dad: (figuring out what she's talking about) Oh , sweetheart a Toyota is a car brand name. Like our Durango is a Dodge.
Charly: (Very seriously) Well then I want a toy Leia car.
I don't know if it comes across as funny when I tell it but she had Thatcher and I laughing pretty hard. She is her daddy's little cutie and I love her spunk!

11 comments:

Maureen said...

Now you got me laughing! Charly you make me smile everytime I think of you, Come play Pretty Pretty Princess with us. We miss you! ;) Isn't Spunk her middle name, Charly Spunkin!

lexiedawn said...

haha ohhh Charly she is one of a kind for sure.

Kami Anderson said...

I'm so glad I can check out your blog now. It is so funny how kids look at things differently than we do as we get older. They take everything so literally. Sure miss you and the guys.

Peck Family said...

ahh so cute

Jean McKendrick said...

She is soooooooooo cute!

Arvanitas' said...

That's really funny! That reminds me of many a conversation in our car. My youngest is 8 and still has some pretty funny lines but not that total naivety of a little one. I wish we lived closer so that our families could know each other. If you ever come out to see Zach and Kathy, let us know, we are only about a 2 hour drive from them. We'll come see ya!

Kathy said...

I can just picture Charly being so serious. I love how innocent they are at this age. This is one of those things to write down in her book of memories. Miss you guys.
Luv,Kathy

The Pecks said...

ok...that was really cute. It's funny how you can see their brains working to figure things out. I miss that stage!!
Love,
Lori

Photo Crazy! said...

So cute! Kelton did the same thing when he say a Toyota (not wanting a Leia). Wow! She is reading fast. We love Carly!

Kristi Rowley said...

So don't ask me how, but I found your blog! I love the pictures. You have such a beautiful family!

brooke said...

so basically this is my favorite thing ever...hilarious!!!!!