Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Came Early!!!!!!



It has been a very busy season, but a fabulous one! I kept this fabulous surprise from Klint and the kids for over a month, and it was so worth it! In mid-November, Kandace had called to see if it would work for them to come for Christmas. I was so thrilled, but couldn't say anything about it at home. At work though, I'm sure everyone was sick of me because I had to talk to someone about it! So December 20th came and I found a couple of excuses to leave the house and make phone calls to see how the drive was going (they drove from Georgia to Utah in one 30 hour shot - wow), and then Klint wanted to do some shopping that evening, so I was trying to get that in too, but was nervous we might not make it home when they arrived. At 9:30 p.m. I was in our bedroom when the doorbell rang and I yelled, "Don't answer that!" Then came running out to get the video camera. Turned to Klint and said, "Okay, you can get the door now." Not such a great way to keep the secret right up to the last second, and then blow it.


Well, the week was the best! So great to have all of us together. We didn't do a lot, but it was so fun just to be together! We're planning our next visit, and the bond between the kids is strong. Isn't that a huge piece of the Christmas spirit?!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

What a beautiful family! I love you guys..

Jean McKendrick said...

What a fun surprise! I can't BELIEVE they drove from GA, wow. I am glad you were able to spend it together as a family, that's what makes Christmas for me.

Kami Anderson said...

What an awesome christmas present. I can't believe they drove 30 hours. I'm glad you had such an amazing chrismtas